Thursday, January 20, 2011

Long time, no see.

Yes. I am still alive. Things have been mad, for lack of a better term. 

Right after Nollaig, I moved to another state and began a completely new job. The area I am in now is suburban whereas my home was rural. I guess you could say I'm suffering from "spiritual culture shock" and I'm finding it hard to adjust my practice. On the advice of a dear friend, I'm attempting to take things slow and re-immerse myself so to speak. I don't think it helps that I moved in winter. I'm only three hours from where I lived, but since it's in the mountains and such, it's been cold. And snow is no longer a once-a-year visitor. I've only been venturing out when I must: to go to work and if I need to run to the store. 

Once warmer weather gets here, I hope to spend some time walking around the apartment complex's walking trail and lake, getting a feel for the land and seeing how to reacts to my Gaelic advances.

But yes, hi. I still breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment